Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for email updates on all things creative in Alabama. You'll receive our monthly newsletter, updates on grant opportunities, resources, and more.
Online grant application
All grant applications and final reports are being accepted online. The portal reopens for new applications on January 1, 2024.
Grants for Artists
Interested in applying for an individual artist fellowship? Now is the time to prepare work samples & documentation of career growth. For more details, contact a program manager.
Alabama Artists Gallery
The 2023 Fellowship Spotlight is currently on display in the Georgine Clarke Alabama Artists Gallery.
The gallery is open to the public Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Alabama Arts Online
Check out these resources from across the state.
- Listen to the latest from Alabama Arts Radio, now available as a podcast!
- The Stokes Center for Creative Writing offers recordings of readings and lectures from nationally acclaimed writers on their YouTube channel.
- Dance Discovery workshops from the Alabama Ballet are now online, with access at the Ballet's YouTube channel.
- Prism, a directory of arts education resources in Birmingham from the Greater Birmingham Arts Education Collaborative.
- YouTube playlists from UAB's Alys Stephens Center: The Abroms-Engel Institute for the Visual Arts, ArtPlay, and Learn about our state, with Alabama History@Home, from the Department of Archives and History.
- The Dance Foundation's YouTube channel provides music and dances for children ages 2 to 4. The Dance to Grow album used in the Movement-to-Music curriculum is available here.
- Check out lesson plans from the Alabama Arts Alliance.
- Alabama Shakespeare Festival offering curriculum and lessons, and even more here.
- Birmingham Museum of Art education videos.
- The Dance Foundation's on-demand, digital teaching tool, "Dancing with Words: Academic Support for Language Arts"
- Do you have resources to share? Email us.
Below are national, regional, and local resources for artists and arts organizations.