Subscribe to our Newsletter
Sign up for email updates on all things creative in Alabama. You'll receive our monthly newsletter, updates on grant opportunities, resources, and more.
Online grant application
All grant applications and final reports are being accepted in a new system. The portal will reopen for Fellowship and Arts Facilities applications in January 2023.
Arts License Plate
Take your love for the arts on the road! Get a Support the Arts plate for your vehicle at your local tag office and show your support for the arts in Alabama. Looking for funding? Apply for a license tag grant here.
Alabama Arts Radio
Catch up on Alabama Arts, our weekly radio & podcast series that introduces the exceptional artists and people who make the arts happen in Alabama. Listen now. Available wherever you get your podcasts.
Alabama Artists Gallery
The Georgine Clarke Alabama Artists Gallery has reopened to the public.
Our staff is also on-site full-time. Please contact us to make an appointment.
Office and gallery hours are Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. All staff and visitors are asked to wear a mask during their visit to Alabama State Council on the Arts and the Georgine Clarke Alabama Artists Gallery.
Alabama Arts Online
Check out these resources from across the state.
- View the 2021 Visual Arts Achievement Program exhibition.
- Watch the 2021 Alabama Poetry Out Loud awards ceremony.
- Listen to the latest from Alabama Arts Radio, now available as a podcast!
- Dance Discovery workshops from the Alabama Ballet are now online, with access at the Ballet's YouTube Channel.
- Prism, a directory of arts education resources in Birmingham from the Greater Birmingham Arts Education Collaborative.
- Three great youtube playlists from UAB's Alys Stephens Center, The Abroms-Engel Institute for the Visual Arts, ArtPlay, and Learn about our state, with Alabama History@Home, from the Department of Archives and History.
- The Dance Foundation's YouTube Channel provides music and dances for children ages 2 to 4. The Dance to Grow album used in the Movement-to-Music curriculum is available here.
- Check out lesson plans from the Alabama Arts Alliance.
- Alabama Shakespeare Festival offering curriculum and lessons, and even more here.
- Birmingham Museum of Art education videos.
- The Dance Foundation's on-demand, digital teaching tool, "Dancing with Words: Academic Support for Language Arts"
- Do you have resources to share? Email us.
Below are national, regional, and local resources for artists and arts organizations.