Online grant application
All grant applications are being accepted in a new system, which features easy file uploads and customized questions. The portal is now open for Fellowship and Cultural Facilities grant applications.
Alabama Art News
Sign up for email updates on all things creative in Alabama. You'll receive our monthly newsletter, updates on grant opportunities, resources, and more.
Grants for Artists
Interested in applying for an individual artist Fellowship? Now is the time to prepare work samples & build documentation of career growth/potential. For more details, download our guidelines.
Alabama Artists Gallery Now Open
The Georgine Clarke Alabama Artists Gallery has reopened to the public.
Our staff is also on-site full-time and continuing to hold meetings via video conferencing. Please contact us to make an appointment.
Office and gallery hours are Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. All staff and visitors are required to wear a mask during their visit to Alabama State Council on the Arts and the Georgine Clarke Alabama Artists Gallery.
Alabama Arts Online
Check out these resources from across the state to access the arts from home.
- View the 2021 Visual Arts Achievement Program exhibition.
- Watch the 2021 Alabama Poetry Out Loud awards ceremony.
- Listen to the latest from Alabama Arts Radio, now available as a podcast!
- Dance Discovery workshops from the Alabama Ballet are now online, with access at the Ballet's YouTube Channel.
- Prism, a directory of arts education resources in Birmingham from the Greater Birmingham Arts Education Collaborative.
- Three great youtube playlists from UAB's Alys Stephens Center, The Abroms-Engel Institute for the Visual Arts, ArtPlay, and Learn about our state, with Alabama History@Home, from the Department of Archives and History.
- The Dance Foundation's YouTube Channel provides music and dances for children ages 2 to 4. The Dance to Grow album used in the Movement-to-Music curriculum is available here.
- Check out lesson plans from the Alabama Arts Alliance.
- Alabama Shakespeare Festival offering curriculum and lessons, and even more here.
- Birmingham Museum of Art education videos.
- The Dance Foundation's on-demand, digital teaching tool, "Dancing with Words: Academic Support for Language Arts"
- More to come! Do you have resources? Email us.
Below are national, regional, and local resources for artists and arts organizations.